Devon and the South West Steam Railway Holiday
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
The Little Western
- Cliff top views at Pecorama & the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway
- Twenty miles of steam travel on the West Somerset Railway
- The Plym Valley Railway & cruise of the docks
- Linking the Dartmouth & South Devon Railways
- Scenic branch-lines to Exmouth & Barnstaple
- A riverside ride on the Seaton tramway
We meet early afternoon at Newton Abbot Station and set off for afternoon fun at a local supermarket (!) for our first train ride of the holiday. We then continue to our hotel via the Starcross Ferry to Exmouth, and then branch line to Exeter.
To Somerset today using the inimitable “Tarka Line” to Barnstaple. Scenery unfolds as we head up to the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway, before an up and down coastal drive to Minehead. Our afternoon is spent with one of the country’s premier steam lines, the West Somerset Railway operating between Minehead, Watchet and Bishops Lydeard. An early evening drive, over Exmoor, back to our hotel completes a lovely, varied, “seasidey” day out!
A scenic drive clean across Dartmoor to Plymouth precedes our inaugural visit to the Plym Valley Railway and a cruise to view Plymouth’s coastline and Devonport Dockyard. Enjoy an informative and interesting couple of hours before we make our way back to Pinhoe by rail and coach.
The South Devon Circular – a “local” day spent enjoying two legendary steam railways, from Buckfastleigh to Totnes (The South Devon) and from Paignton to Kingswear (The Dartmouth Steam Railway). But that is not all, there is our trip on the River Dart aboard the even more legendary P.S. Kingswear Castle. Days out don’t come much better than this!
Our last day and, typically, Inside Track will ensure you begin your journey home with fun and variety. So, we firstly head for Seaton (for a narrow gauge, open top – for it will be sunny!) tram to Colyton and Colyford. Then it is steam, gardens, and models as we visit Pecorama, perched on the cliff tops at Beer. We sign off with a drive across to Taunton where homeward bound journeys commence.
- All heritage railway rides
- All public transport journeys, in standard class accommodation
- Private coach transfers throughout the holiday
- All entrances
- Detailed itinerary/information pack
- Services of courier throughout
- Hotel accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
What's not Included
- Travel to/from the holiday start point
- Personal holiday insurance
Let's book your dream holiday!