Mount Snowdon Steam Railway Holiday
Monday, 17th May 2021
- By train to the summit of Snowdon and around Llanberis Lake
- Glorious mountain and coastal scenery
- The world famous Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
- Cultural delights such as Portmeirion – what number are you?
- Take the tram to see the goats on Great Orme
- Scenic “local” national rail journeys
We meet at Llandudno Junction and the holiday commences with a Victorian tram ride up the Great Orme for far reaching views – the Isle of Man if it is clear! We then catch a train along the beautiful Conwy Valley through to the slate covered backdrop that is Blaenau Ffestiniog. We now continue down to Porthmadog by road for our first evening at the Royal Sportsman.
We’ve a relaxed local day in and around Porthmadog to enjoy. Steam, on the Ffestiniog and a visit to the Welsh Highland (Porthmadog) Railway are just two elements in an itinerary that offers a degree of flexibility. We’ll take in picturesque Portmeirion and enjoy a seaside rail journey out to Pwllheli and back – super scenery throughout.
The Welsh Highland Railway runs through the Snowdonian National Park from Caernarfon to Beddgelert and down the Aberglaslyn Pass to Porthmadog and is the most stunning railway route in Wales. We enjoy a first-class experience with outstanding photographic opportunities on offer as well. Blessed with nice weather it would be difficult to imagine a more scenic, dramatic or enjoyable day out.
Llanberis is at the heart of Snowdonia and is the focus of a splendid scenic, circular tour. We travel on the mountain roads via Beddgelert and the Llanberis Pass. With clear skies above there are views of Snowdon all day and you’ll love climbing to the summit on the Snowdon Mountain Railway. There’s also steam along the lakeside and heritage at the National Slate Museum.
On our last day we leave town by steam train aboard the Ffestiniog Railway for the lovely journey up to Blaenau Ffestiniog. Back up the Conwy Valley now as far as Betws-y-Coed and a fun visit to the local railway museum precedes a transfer to Llandudno Junction for homeward bound trains.
- All heritage railway rides
- All public transport journeys, in standard class accommodation
- Private coach transfers throughout the holiday
- All entrances
- Detailed itinerary/information pack
- Services of courier throughout
- Hotel accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
What's not Included
- Travel to/from the holiday start point
- Personal holiday insurance
Let's book your dream holiday!