North Lincolnshire Railway Holiday
Friday, 13th August 2021
Super Sunny Skunny
- Steamy fun at Cleethorpes Light Railway
- Trolleybuses galore at Sandtoft
- A brake van tour around the steelworks, wow!! (Appleby Frodingham Rly)
- The Gainsborough Model Rly – phenomenal!
- Relax and enjoy the sights of Lincoln aboard our chartered boat
- A visit to the small, but “homely”, Lincolnshire Transport Museum
Meet at Scunthorpe Station about lunchtime, take a drive through the town centre, then out to our hotel to check in. The afternoon continues with a tour to the north of the county, crossing the Humber Bridge (twice) before taking the train from Barton to sunny Cleethorpes. Steam here (privately chartered) and then Grimsby fish and chips for supper – in Cleethorpes!
From Scunthorpe to Grimsby by coach and train to visit a real gem –the Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre – learn all about how we got to have fish and chips last night! Next we are off to the largest trolleybus museum in the world – Sandtoft – for an enjoyable visit and lunch (included). Our day concludes back at Scunthorpe for what is probably the tour highlight – a privately chartered, steam hauled, brake van tour of the British Steel Works. – different eh!!
To the sunny Wolds, visiting Waltham Windmill, on route to the standard gauge Wolds Steam Railway. A steam hauled journey is followed by a scenic coach ride across the Wolds to Gainsborough. Here we enjoy, probably, the most fantastic model railway you will ever see. It takes 10 engineers to operate it! Our evening meal will be beside the River Trent.
Homeward bound today, so we coach and rail to Lincoln for a cruise on the Roman built Fossdyke Navigation with Captain Saxon. We finish with vintage buses on route to Newark for homeward bound trains. Scunthorpe done, like no one else can do!!
- All heritage railway rides
- All public transport journeys, in standard class accommodation
- Private coach transfers throughout the holiday
- All entrances
- Detailed itinerary/information pack
- Services of courier throughout
- Hotel accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- Two evening meals out
- Lunch included at Sandtoft
What's not Included
- Travel to/from the holiday start point
- Personal holiday insurance
- Other lunches
Let's book your dream holiday!