Rutland Railway Holiday
Friday, 17th September 2021
The Rutland Belle
- A cruise on Rutland Water aboard the Rutland Belle
- Reach for the stars at the National Space Centre
- Main line steam at the Great Central Railway
- Get up close to birds of prey in conservation at Exton
- A posh time at the Nene Valley Railway
- Narrow gauge fun in Ferry Meadows
The holiday starts at Oakham Station, early afternoon, and we begin with a very “local” afternoon. We are going to hunt out owls and falcons, Yew trees, a maze and a viaduct all feature in an unusual afternoon bimble around the UK’s smallest county.
Off to the Peterborough area today for a “posh” train combination. The Nene Valley Railway is well known, and rightly so. but perhaps less so is the charming Ferry Meadows Railway in… Ferry Meadows! On the way back to the Barnsdale we drop in at our local line, the Rocks by Rail Living Ironstone Museum for local industrial/railway history including a train ride.
We drive this morning into Leicestershire, heading for Quorn and a morning on the Great Central Railway reliving the age of main line steam. Later, we enjoy a cosmic experience at the nearby National Space Centre…..a series of enormous empty rooms (joke!!). We should be back in the Oakham area for a late afternoon treat at the Station.
A very simple and relaxed final morning sees us sailing on nearby Rutland Water among the pleasure boats and wildfowl. One more charming visit to the very rustic Rutland County Museum before homeward bound journeys commence from Oakham Station.
- All heritage railway rides
- All public transport journeys, in standard class accommodation
- Private coach transfers throughout the holiday
- All entrances
- Detailed itinerary/information pack
- Services of courier throughout
- Hotel accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
What's not Included
- Travel to/from the holiday start point
- Personal holiday insurance
Let's book your dream holiday!