Worcester Railway Holiday
Friday, 11th June 2021
- Step back in time at the Black Country Living Museum
- Beautiful Bourton-on-the-Water
- The excellent Severn Valley Railway
- Cotswold’s charm at the Gloucester/Warwick Railway
- Upland scenery at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway
- Steam in the forest, the Dean Forest that is
We meet at Stourbridge Station and a short coach journey takes us to the gem of the Midlands – The Black Country Living Museum. What a place to start! – is this the most varied museum in the country? Trams, trolleybuses, industrial heritage, street scenes and an amazing boat trip are sure to keep you fully occupied this afternoon.
The rolling Cotswold Hills and, of course, steam lovely steam beckons today. Local rustic rail riding down to Moreton-in-Marsh is followed by a visit to picture perfect Bourton-on-the-Water. Then, the focus of our afternoon is squarely upon the Gloucester & Warwick Railway. Running in two different directions from its Toddington HQ time is allowed to fully appreciate the charms of the line, you might even get to see a horse race at the Cheltenham end – place your bets!
Here’s different see! We’re off over the border by train to Pontypool & New Inn in order to find some Welsh steam this morning. The nearby Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway is a fine example of Welsh industrial heritage and has also been recently extended. The mountain scenery of this morning gives way to the leafy lanes as we head back across the border and into the depths of the Forest of Dean. Coleford is worth a stop for sure before steam in the woods between Parkend and Lydney on the Dean Forest Railway – lovely!
We have saved the best for last. A full morning, and some of the afternoon, dedicated to the Severn Valley Railway. An imaginative itinerary enables us to make the most of our time, visit the attractions along the line, and get some photography in. You will certainly want to call in at the impressive museum at Highley and maybe enjoy an uplifting diversion in Bridgnorth. Homeward bound journeys are from Kidderminster mid-afternoon.
- All heritage railway rides
- All public transport journeys, in standard class accommodation
- Private coach transfers throughout the holiday
- All entrances
- Detailed itinerary/information pack
- Services of courier throughout
- Hotel accommodation on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
What's not Included
- Travel to/from the holiday start point
- Personal holiday insurance
Let's book your dream holiday!